Manufacturing Excellence — Using an Integrative, Systematic Approach to Ensure Sustainable Performance Improvement - FULL
Engaging and empowering the workforce
Workshop Code: MW-22
Day & Time: Monday, Oct 15, 2012 - 1:00 PM
Length: 4 hours
Cost: $200.00 USD
You rarely achieve sustainable performance excellence by taking a top down, project-driven approach with fragmented agendas. What you need is a more integrated, inclusive and culture-focused approach to sustainable change. This means designing and putting in place the interdependent components of strategy, processes, best practices, people capability and reward/motivation. This workshop will provide attendees with a framework for just such an approach so that you too can benefit from sustainable improvement where you work.
In this workshop:
- Hear why many improvement initiatives fail.
- Define integrative improvement.
- Learn a systematic process for leading and managing change.
- Employ maturity assessment as a driver for planning best practice implementation.
- Take a holistic approach to organizational design.
- Use knowledge management to facilitate learning between sites.
- Link best-practice implementation to performance improvement.
- Employ people capability development and employee engagement.
- Engage people at your place of work.
Competitive Capabilities International, Inc.Competitive Capabilities International (CCI) is a global operations management consulting company that has developed a unique integrative improvement management system called TRACC. This system allows companies to rapidly deploy an integrated approach to the standard CI methodologies, such as lean, six sigma, TPM and WCM. TRACC is being used in over 1000 sites and 58 countries in 14 languages.
Iain Clarke is vice-president of the CCI Global Business Unit of Competitive Capabilities International, Inc. Iain has a BS in engineering and an MBA from the universities of Natal and Warwick (UK). He has presented numerous papers on manufacturing excellence, and has focused on operations excellence since the 1990s.
John Hood is the general manager for CCI in Canada. Prior to this role, John worked for Molson for 27 years. He was involved in workforce engagement and empowerment initiatives at both corporate and plant level and was most recently Vice-President, Continuous Improvement and World-Class Manufacturing. John has a BSc and PhD in chemistry from Queen's University, Belfast.