Why Organizations Struggle to Sustain a Continuous Improvement Culture
Achieving change leadership
Workshop Code: MW-24
Day & Time: Monday, Oct 15, 2012 - 1:00 PM
Length: 4 hours
Cost: $200.00 USD
Starting on a lean journey can be very exciting. But even if everyone is onboard when you start, it can be hard to sustain that initial engagement. This workshop can help. It will explore the reasons why many organizations struggle to sustain improvements and then address the necessary roles to be filled and tools to be used to sustain a culture of continuous improvement. Change management isn't always easy, but this workshop can improve your odds for success.
In this workshop:
- Recognize why organizations struggle to establish a culture of continuous improvement.
- Understand the roles people play in lean transformation.
- Assess the resistance to change in your organization.
- Apply change management tools to make lean initiatives more effective.
- Keep your lean initiatives on schedule by reducing resistance to change.
- Learn the steps managers can take to implement a successful change initiative.
- Gain the knowledge you need to sustain your own improvement initiatives.
IMEC (Illinois Manufacturing Extension Center)IMEC is one of 59 non-profit centers nationwide that receive federal funding to assist small and mid-sized manufacturers from the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology - Manufacturing Extension Partnership Program. Since 1996, IMEC has helped more than 2,500 Illinois manufacturing companies to achieve more than $1.5 billion in improvements in productivity, sales and cost savings.
Steve BarnhartSteve Barnhart is IMEC's growth services manager and is a certified change management specialist. Prior to working at IMEC, Steve was general manager of Ringger Foods in Gridley and a management accountant for the 3M Company. He has a BA in accounting from Harding University and an MBA from St. Thomas University.
To register for this workshop, click register to add the workshop to your purchase cart.Register
Note: Online registration for workshops must be paid for by credit card.
Continue browsing: Add more workshops to your cart and check out when you are finished.